Risotto is always a favourite in our house. Use as a main dish or as a side, risotto is so versatile.
You will need:
1 med onion finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 cup risotto rice
1 med leek – sliced
2 cups mixed mushrooms – sliced
2 handfuls baby spinach
1 750 ml tub of Dr Broth Chicken bone broth
4 tbls extra virgin olive oil
+/- 80 g grated Parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper
· In a med saucepan, add 2 tbls olive oil & sauté the mushrooms with some salt and pepper until nicely browned (set aside)
· Warm the chicken broth in a small saucepan
· In the same med saucepan add the other 2 tbls of olive oil and the chopped garlic. Fry gently until golden brown, then add the onions and leeks.
· When onions &leeks have softened (3-4min) stir in the rice with a wooden spoon. Fry rice while stirring gently until rice becomes slightly translucent and begins to stick.
· Add 2 ladles of warm chicken broth
· Stir until broth has been absorbed, keep adding ladles of broth, one at a time and stir until each ladle is absorbed
· Cooking time should be about 20 minutes until all the broth has been adsorbed and the rice is soft.
· Stir in the mushrooms, cheese and baby spinach until rice has a creamy texture.
· Add salt and pepper to taste if necessary.